In the middle of last year, PlayStation Plus was renewed with the launch of new subscription levels with which Sony sought to respond to Xbox Game Pass and its success. Many wonder how many people have subscribed and the answer is: millions.
As part of a new financial results presentation, Sony revealed that it considers the new PlayStation Plus to have had a "great reception." According to the company, since the launch of the new PlayStation Plus, the Premium and Extra levels have a combined 14.1 million subscribers.
But, which of the 2 service levels is the most popular? Many will be surprised that the more expensive one is. According to Sony data, PlayStation Premium has 8 million subscribers (17% of the total service subscribers), while PlayStation Plus Extra has 6.1 million subscribers (13% of the total). With these figures, 30% of PlayStation Plus users are in PlayStation Plus Premium or PlayStation Plus Extra.
It is important to note that Sony did not provide data on PlayStation Plus Deluxe. We remind you that this is the Premium version available in regions such as Latin America, which lack PlayStation's cloud gaming support. We imagine that Deluxe users are included in Premium.
What do you think of this news? Are you a user of PlayStation Plus Extra, Deluxe, or Premium? Tell us in the comments.