Autumn Games confirmed since last year that Skullgirls 2nd Encore was on its way to Xbox. After months of waiting, the title finally has a release date on Xbox X|S Series and Xbox One. However, gamers are not happy with the news, as the title is in the midst of its worst controversy yet.

In case you don't remember, the studio announced major changes to the game to be politically correct. This infuriated the Skullgirls 2nd Encore community, who lashed out against the censorship with waves of criticism and review bombing. Now, gamers said they don't mind the Xbox release and will give it a chance.

Gamers lash out at Skullgirls 2nd Encore coming to Xbox

Autumn Games announced that Skullgirls 2nd Encore will be available on Xbox Series X|S and Xbox One starting July 19. The title will be offered for $24.99 USD on those consoles. Gamers believe that this announcement came at the worst time due to the ongoing controversy.

Many fans claimed that they will not pay attention to this release of the title, as they are disappointed after all the changes that were made to it. "It comes 80 years later and when the controversies are eating it alive lately," said one player.

On the contrary, some fans believe that the Xbox release will be a kind of new opportunity for the game. Part of the community is confident that it will be the ideal time for the title to overcome recent criticism and for gamers to stop attacking it.

There are also fans who believe that Autumn Games should focus on another game in the series, as they think it is difficult for Skullgirls 2nd Encore to recover after the controversy.